Construction work on the development of the multi-purpose Berbera Port in the Republic of Somaliland officially started earlier this week with a special ground-breaking ceremony to mark the occasion, DP World said in its latest release. The first phase will consist of building a 400 meter quay and 250,000 square meter yard extension as well as the development of a free zone to create a new regional trading hub.H.E. President of the Republic of Somaliland, Muse Bihi Abdi and DP World Group Chairman and CEO Sultan Ahmed bin Sulayem launched the first phase of work and thanked attending government officials and partners for their support at the start of a new era of growth for the country.DP World Berbera, the joint venture company, will also serve land locked countries in the Horn of Africa such as Ethiopia which has a 19% stake in the project as a shareholder.Long term DP World partner Shafa Al Nahda Contracting has been awarded the construction contract for the port expansion.
The 12th edition of the continental women’s showpiece is slated for November 23 to December 20 this year but no host has been named yet. Nigeria’s football governing body confirmed its interest to bid for the 2020 Awcon hosting rights, along with two-time winners Equatorial Guinea in January. The postponement of the major continental competition, including the 2020 Awcon opening qualifier due to the outbreak of the virus in Africa, has now precipitated the NFF’s decision.Advertisement “The NFF’s priority now is the battle against coronavirus, which is affecting the whole world,” the NFF secretary-general Mohammed Sanusi told the Guardian. “We want to win the battle by getting a cure so that sporting activities will resume. read also:NFF calls for prayers against deaths, kidnappings of players “We cannot start discussing or lobbying Caf now for the hosting right of the African Women Championship when there is a global health issue affecting the lives of people every day. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Loading… Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has suspended their hosting rights bid for the 2020 African Women’s Cup of Nations (Awcon) amid the coronavirus pandemic. Promoted ContentCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable WayWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?Insane 3D Spraying Skills Turn In Incredible Street Art8 Superfoods For Growing Hair Back And Stimulating Its Growth7 Black Hole Facts That Will Change Your View Of The Universe6 Ridiculous Health Myths That Are Actually True7 Reasons Why You Might Want To Become A VegetarianThe Highest Paid Football Players In The WorldEver Thought Of Sleeping Next To Celebs? This Guy Will Show You6 Interesting Ways To Make Money With A DronePortuguese Street Artist Creates Hyper-Realistic 3D Graffiti7 Things That Actually Ruin Your Phone
Press Association The RFU has confirmed the Blues have made an enquiry about using the 82,000-capacity home of English rugby should they opt to redevelop Stamford Bridge. However, Mr Cable, Liberal Democrat MP for the area and Business Secretary, has revealed he too has contacted the governing body to voice his misgivings. Local MP Vince Cable has expressed his concerns over Chelsea’s possible temporary move to Twickenham. Mr Cable tweeted: “I have written today to RFU about Twickenham Stadium and possible use for a year by Chelsea FC. V serious concerns and need for facts ASAP.” Chelsea announced earlier this summer that they might look to redevelop their stadium, although no timescale has yet been drawn up. The RFU has previously rejected requests from football clubs to play their fixtures at Twickenham with Fulham’s approach in 2001 being rebuffed. The RFU said in a statement: “We are regularly contacted by a variety of organisations, within and outside sport, on a wide range of opportunities concerning use of what we believe is a world-class stadium. “We have had an enquiry from Chelsea FC, but have not had any discussions of any substance. “While we don’t comment on any specific confidential conversations, each request is taken on its merit, assessing a variety of factors, such as the effect on the pitch, availability, transport and local considerations and other important implications.”
Keep it colorful. Keep it casual.A post shared by Dalton Castle (@theplanetpeacock) on Nov 5, 2018 at 2:14am PSTCastle admits that he pushed through the injury as much as possible not only because of the pressure that comes with being the ROH World Champion, but also because of his love for the sport.“I was in a lot of pain and this is something I love to do,” Castle said. “Wrestling is such a big part of my life. For me to have to take a break from it, it had to been something where I was unable to go through it and there were times where I wasn’t even able to get out of bed, I was in so much pain. That was a nice wake-up call saying, ‘Hey, maybe you need to take a little break.'”He continued: “But now, I’ve been taking the right steps. I’ve seen a physical therapist specialist and working on things. I went and saw a doctor a couple of times, had some giant needles stuck directly into my spine, which was not my favorite thing, but has helped me immensely get back to where I need to be and I’m back in the ring and I’m happy.”Now, the glam rocker of wrestling is back and ready to show he is at full strength. His first test will be against Taven at ROH Final Battle 2018 — someone he has a few issues with.“He’s also just a jerk,” said Castle. “I mean, once we went out to lunch and I got up to go wash my hands when our food arrived and I came back and half of my soup had been eaten. I look across the table and there he is with butternut squash chipotle soup around his mouth denying that he ate it, but he did! Did not pay me for it. Did not thank me for it. I held the door for him when we left then. He didn’t say thank you.”He added: “We went to a zoo two years ago. There was a petting exhibit where you can go, you know, feed these little pygmy goats. Adorable, right? You put a quarter in the machine, your hand fills up with feed, and then you call the goats over and they eat out of your hand. Matt put a quarter in, has the feed in his hand, called over the goat when they came over to eat it, he threw it in the garbage. What kind of person does that?”****2018 marks the 10-year anniversary for Castle in the wrestling business. While he oozes confidence showcasing his exotic swagger, he admits that it took him five or six years before he was comfortable.“It wasn’t until I started doing Dalton Castle that you see today where I really kind of figured myself out as a performer,” said Castle. “I know everything about Dalton. I know how I need to act in situations. I know how I’m going to feel when someone does something or if an audience is turning one way. It’s second nature for me. It’s not until I figured it out; this character is where I was able to relax.”While Castle was going stir crazy at home over the summer, he used his forced downtime to start up a YouTube channel showcasing his exploits on the road like only the “Peacock” of professional wrestling can.“I started going to all these really cool countries and places and I thought I want to do more to connect with the audience,” he said. “There’s clearly an audience for that. The ‘Being the Elite’ guys have connected with hundreds of thousands of fans all over the world just making their sketch show, which is hilarious. This is what I’ve always done. I’ve been good at editing. I used to like to film on the road and I’ve got all this extra time now because I don’t have a full-time regular job. So, when I’m home, I can devote the time to editing. So I finally gave it a shot. I mean, you get nothing out of sitting home and wondering ‘what if,’ so I just started the channel up and I got very fortunate that enough people started watching and all the videos that it made me say, ‘OK, I’ll keep doing it.’”MORE: ROH champ Jay Lethal on his upcoming match with Cody, nearly 20 years in wrestling A lot can happen in a year.It was last December at Final Battle 2017, when Dalton Castle reached the pinnacle in Ring of Honor, defeating Cody to become the ROH World Champion. But his championship reign was cut short due to a debilitating back injury, which paved the way for him to lose the title to Jay Lethal in June and spend subsequent months in agonizing pain. Castle is back on the road again racking up more footage for his “Planet Peacock” videos, but is also on a quest to regain the ROH World Championship. Now that he has a taste for it, it makes him want to show that he can be the top guy once again.“I know what it feels like,” said Castle. “I know what it takes to get there. I’m going to keep doing those things that brought me there in the past and if I don’t get there again using the same formula, I’ve really got to change up my game plan and that could be frustrating.” It all begins with his match against Taven this Friday at ROH Final Battle 2018. And Castle sums it up very simply: “It’s about defending the pygmy goat and it really comes down to the soup that he owes me.” “It really was a wake-up call and reminder that, ‘Hey, I really don’t have a lot of other hobbies,’” joked Castle. “’Wrestling is really taking up a lot of my life and now that’s not going on. What am I supposed to do?’ Thank god I have cats and video games.”Join DAZN and watch Canelo and more than 100 fight nights a yearAfter months of recovery, Castle is finally back in the ring and will face Matt Taven at the ROH Final Battle 2018 pay-per-view on Friday, Dec. 14 at 8 p.m. ET available for members of the subscription-based Honor Club streaming network via ROHWrestling.com and also on the Fite TV app.It’s a clash between the former champion and the man claiming that he is the real Ring of Honor World Champion.NEW YORK – You may want to bring along a fiberglass blanket. This one is going to be hot! 🔥December 14th @ringofhonorTICKETS: https://t.co/MdEm8iTOTN pic.twitter.com/a5d0Nz7YDu— Dalton Castle (@theDALTONcastle) December 7, 2018“Matt and I used to travel together for a long time,” Castle said. “We’ve known each other for just as long as we’ve been wrestling I think. And here’s where it gets weird and muddy for Final Battle: I start finding out what kind of person Matt really is. He’s kind of delusional. He’s really into that pretend title that he’s got, the ‘real’ Ring of Honor title. I feel like this fight, Final Battle, it’s about knocking some sense into somebody who I thought was a better person than he really is.”It was a long summer for Castle who was forced to take time off due to his back pain. Come to find out, this was an injury he had been working through for some time.“We discovered that I had an old fracture in my back — what they call a Pars defect — and I had broken my two bones in my back,” explained Castle. “I had two little fractures in my back that went ignored for a couple of years and I just kept wrestling and because they were ignored, they shift a little bit and I started getting some nerve impingement, which would just make it unbearable to stand or be on my feet.”Life for the active 32-year-old had grinded to a halt.“My routine of life had just been changed completely and not only that, when I’m not on the road, I like to be working towards something when I’m at home,” said Castle. “I like to be at the gym training. I like to be a working on a new design for an entrance or something like that, but knowing that I didn’t have a definitive date to return and knowing that I can’t exactly go as hard in the gym I like to, it was very tough. It was emotionally draining and it was just hard. There’s no way I was an easy person to be around, but I mean, thankfully, I kept pushing forward and I got back to where I need to be. I guess a nightmare sums it up.”Castle explored every option he could to get back in the ring — including surgery, although that wasn’t advised. Instead, it was a long, slow process of rest and rehabilitation until life starting becoming normal again and he could wrestle.“The biggest thing right now is I’m wearing a couple braces,” he said. “I wear like this lower back brace and like a hip and groin brace, which essentially are just kind of preventive. They don’t they don’t fix anything. They just kind of remind me personally that there’s some limits here, so I need to be aware of where my body going and what I’m doing. I think I could wrestle without the braces because when I walk through the curtain I get such an adrenaline rush. It’s almost like nothing hurts at all. It’s just knowing that I need to do this again the next night that I wear them.” View this post on Instagram