Oteil Burbridge Announces “Evening Of Conversation & Music” With NYT Journalist Alan Paul

first_imgToday, Oteil Burbridge, bassist for Allman Brothers Band and Dead & Company, announced that he’d be part of an intimate live interview hosted by New York Times best-selling author and journalist Alan Paul. Slated to take place at New York City’s The Cutting Room on January 13th, 2018, Backstory: An evening of conversation and music with Oteil Burbridge is a special event presented by BackStory Events and Guitar World Magazine. As Oteil described in a Facebook post, “I will join author and journalist Alan Paul for a live interview about my new album and share stories from the road.”In addition to this revealing interview, attendees will also get the opportunity to participate in an audience question-and-answer and meet-and-greet. With limited seating for 240 people, tickets are likely to sell out fast. Grab yours before it’s too late here.last_img read more

Batesville Kiwanis make YMCA donation

first_imgTara Britton from the YMCA (L), Kiwanis Club president Rita Seig(R). Batesville, In. — The members of the Batesville Kiwanis Club made a $500 donation to the Southeastern Indiana YMCA Tuesday.The donation was unanimously supported by the citing the YMCA local mission to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body, for all.last_img

Rob Elliot hopes Newcastle can take out their frustration on West Brom

first_imgRob Elliot has urged Newcastle to make West Brom pay for their Boxing Day heartache. Press Association Asked how he would lift his players once again, McClaren said: “You have got to challenge them and they have got to challenge themselves, challenge each other. “We just have to do our job that we normally do between games, recover, prepare them for the next one and throw them out and perform. “It’s going to be a big test, very interesting for our players on Monday. We have got to get over this disappointment mentally, pick ourselves up and go again.” The Magpies came within seconds of securing a hard-fought Barclays Premier League point on Saturday when Everton midfielder Tom Cleverley snatched a last-gasp victory at St James’ Park with an injury-time header, in the process leaving the home side in the relegation zone on goal difference. Elliot and his team-mates will play the Baggies on Monday still smarting, but determined to make amends. Asked if it was a good thing to have another game so quickly, the Republic of Ireland keeper told nufctv: “In one way, but in another way, I don’t agree with the turnaround in games. “It’s a strange one in such a short space of time, but this situation, it’s good. We’ll get out there and hopefully put it right against West Brom and maybe get a bit of luck that we deserve. “If we can put that performance in like we did against a team like Everton, then hopefully we can go to West Brom and try to get a good result.” Elliot made six crucial saves in a fine individual performance as the Magpies fought a concerted rearguard action against the Toffees, but although he denied Romelu Lukaku a goal in a ninth successive game, Cleverley ultimately robbed him of a clean sheet. He said: “It’s probably one of the worst ways I have ever lost a game, not to mention what a great game. I think a draw was probably a fair result, I thought we were magnificent, the defending and everything and I’m just gutted. “I can’t really say anything else other than I’m absolutely gutted.” Head coach Steve McClaren was desperately disappointed for his players after seeing their efforts eventually count for nothing – but he was able to take positives from a battling display in the face of sustained Everton pressure. However, it seems a long time since back-to-back victories over Liverpool and Tottenham suggested a corner had been turned, and Newcastle will hope to kick-start their season once against against the Baggies. last_img read more

Ryan Newman didn’t break a single bone in Daytona 500 crash

first_imgRyan Newman has been treated and released from Halifax Medical Center pic.twitter.com/J0twhGgQm7— Roush Fenway (@roushfenway) February 19, 2020Newman addressed the photo in his statement and thanked Roush Fenway Racing for allowing him the ability to have that special moment.”I have to thank the guys back at the Roush Fenway Racing shop that built me a car not only fast enough to lead the final seconds of the Daytona 500, but strong enough to do its job under great distress, allowing me to survive such an accident.  I am truly indebted to each of you and it is unlikely I will ever be able to properly express to you how much the diligent effort with which you conduct your craftmanship has affected me and my family. “I hope you took pride in the photograph of me walking out of the hospital hand-in-hand with my daughters on Wednesday. Thank you. I can’t wait to get back in your race car.” Ryan Newman said he suffered a head injury during his terrifying crash at the Daytona 500 last week — but didn’t break a single bone.The NASCAR driver released a statement about his injuries through Roush Fenway Racing ahead of Sunday’s Pennzoil 400: “I was fortunate to avoid any internal organ damage or broken bones. I did sustain a head injury for which I’m currently being treated. The doctors have been pleased with my progression over the last few days. Again, I want to thank each of you, from my partners, teammates and competitors and each and every fan across the country.”To read his full statement, click here.MORE: NASCAR provides updates on medical team response to Ryan Newman’s Daytona 500 crashHere is the final lap of the Daytona 500 in which Ryan Newman’s car was flipped at the line.We will continue to keep you updated on his status as we learn more. pic.twitter.com/qkEwQBpoP0— FOX: NASCAR (@NASCARONFOX) February 18, 2020While there is no timetable for Newman’s return to racing, the 42-year-old is determined to get back to the track.“I have spoken with Jack Roush and he has assured me that the number six car will be waiting and ready for my return,” said Newman in his statement. “I’m looking forward to getting behind the wheel and battling for another race win in the Roush Fenway Ford.”Less than 48 hours after the fiery crash, Newman was photographed walking out of the hospital holding hands with his two daughters, Brooklyn Sage and Ashlyn Olivia.last_img read more