Faculty Exhibit Returns to SPSCC’s Minnaert Center Art Gallery

first_imgFacebook0Tweet0Pin0The Minnaert Art Gallery CREDIT: www.spscc.ctc.eduBy MorganEvery student has probably wondered what their professor’s do in their every day lives. If they actually have a passion for what they teach in the classroom that carries over into the realm of their sparse free time. This year, with the return of the Art Faculty Exhibit, the students at South Puget Sound Community College (2011 Mottman Rd. Olympia, WA 98512) will get to see what their art professors are capable of. Members of the art faculty on campus will be taking over the Minnaert Center Art Gallery usually dominated by student pieces, from October 3rd to November 23rd. The featured pieces will showcase their diverse talents in a variety of mediums including painting, printmaking, photography, ceramics, sculpture, drawing and more. Even if you do not attend the college, the gallery is open to the public on Mondays and Wednesdays from noon to 4PM, so you can still get a chance to admire all of the amazing work. Later on in the month, there will be a special opening reception for the exhibit from 6PM to 9PM inside the gallery. If you enjoyed any particular pieces earlier in the month, stop by and say hello to the artist who created them!center_img For more information, email the gallery at: artgallery@spscc.ctc.edu or call: (360) 596-5527last_img read more

Dídac, untouchable a decade after its premiere

first_img“I did not expect to debut. The coach communicated it in the talk. The truth is that when I saw my name on the eleven, I got quite a lot of nerves, but once you go out to warm up, you go by and play as usual. Pochettino told me to do it as I know and that is what I tried, ”said the player in his day.Dídac has lived three stages in Espanyol, and curiously the most prolific is the latter, already in maturity. In his first section, from 2010 to 2012, he played 24 games and was transferred by four million to Milan. An amazing operation: he only played one match. He returned in 11-12 to play 37 parakeet games. Betis, Eibar and an adventure in Greece continued before in 2017 he returned to Espanyol. Since then he has played 59 matches and already accumulates 120 in LaLiga with the blue and white shirt. Last January 30 was a special day for Dídac Vilà, one of the protagonists of the last Espanyol match at the RCDE Stadium, with that driving of almost 50 meters that originated the goal of Raúl de Tomás. That day, the penultimate of the first month of the year, the side of Mataró commemorated ten years since its premiere in First with the perico club, a match against Athletic Club in Cornellà-El Prat that was resolved 1-0.last_img read more

The core of the 200 million

first_imgMadrid faces one of its best weeks after winning at Barça at the Bernabéu (2-0). One of the keys of the match was seen in the center of the white field: Kroos, Valverde and Casemiro. The core worked brilliantly: Kroos in organization, Valverde in mobility and Casemiro in balance.The three already make up the trident of LaLiga’s most valuable midfielders, since Transfermarkt the value has risen to the Uruguayan (from 50 to 60 million) and to the Brazilian (from 70 to 80). If we add to this the 60 million Kroos already add 200 kilos of market value. If we compare the different locks of the medullary of The league we find that Madrid is above Barcelona (Busquets (35 million), Vidal (14) and De Jong (90)) and Atlético (Thomas (50), Saúl (90) and Herrera (20)). Zidane has built a trident that also helps the team to fit less (17 goals in 26 games) when 31 goals had already been endorsed by the previous campaign. Hazard and Militao descend in value In the new updates of Transfermarkt, Hazard and Militao are the most touched players. The lack of minutes of the Brazilian and the injury of Eden cause both to dilute in value. The Belgian has gone from costing 120 million to 100. While the plant goes from 45 to 40 kilos of value.last_img read more

Curry on mouthpiece-tossing incident: ‘I’ve got to be better than that’

first_imgGolden State Warriors’ Stephen Curry dribbles during an NBA basketball practice on Wednesday, May 31, 2017, in Oakland, California.  (AP Photo/Marcio Jose Sanchez)Apart from being the most electrifying shooter in the NBA today, Stephen Curry is considered one of the sports’ best ambassadors for his supposedly “good boy” image.This is why fans were left baffled by the two-time NBA MVP’s “out of character” action during the Golden State Warriors’ 111-101 loss to the Memphis Grizzlies over the weekend, as Curry got thrown out of the game for throwing his mouthpiece toward an official.ADVERTISEMENT Jo Koy: My brain always wants to think funny It’s too early to present Duterte’s ‘legacy’ – Lacson Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Jake says relationship with Shaina ‘goes beyond physical attraction’ Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award LATEST STORIES Coco’s house rules on ‘Probinsyano’ set Coco’s house rules on ‘Probinsyano’ set Griffin, Beverley lead Clippers past Jazz Kiss-and-tell matinee idol’s conquests: True stories or tall tales? Jake says relationship with Shaina ‘goes beyond physical attraction’ View comments Still, the 29-year-old sniper acknowledged his mistake and vowed never to do it again.“It was embarrassing, and I know that,” he admitted, per Haynes. “I can’t do that. I know the league wants to crack down on that type of behavior and I understand why. I’ve got to be better than that.”Although he was fined for his infraction, Curry escaped suspension after the league reportedly couldn’t prove that he intended to throw the mouthpiece at the referee.  Khristian Ibarrola /raRELATED STORY:Steph Curry’s used mouthguard valued at $5k in auctionADVERTISEMENT OSG plea to revoke ABS-CBN franchise ‘a duplicitous move’ – Lacson READ: Stephen Curry fined $50,000 for tossing mouthguard at officialAfter paying a hefty $50,000 fine for his outburst, Curry addressed the incident to ESPN’s Chris Haynes.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSRedemption is sweet for Ginebra, Scottie ThompsonSPORTSMayweather beats Pacquiao, Canelo for ‘Fighter of the Decade’SPORTSFederer blasts lack of communication on Australian Open smog“It’s an expensive mouthpiece toss,” he told the veteran sports writer on Monday (Tuesday in Manila).  “At the end of the day, it’s not about the money, it’s about me not doing stupid stuff and losing my cool like that. It’s obviously a tough blow, but it’s more so about me recognizing how to handle myself on the court.”Curry’s mouthpiece has become sort of his trademark on the court, but he’s also been known to throw it on the floor when he becomes frustrated. Margot Robbie talks about filming ‘Bombshell’s’ disturbing sexual harassment scene MOST READ Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. last_img read more

PBA: Alaska grinds out win over Columbian, but Compton ‘unhappy’

first_imgAllen Durham still determined to help Meralco win 1st PBA title By getting better, Compton meant in a jiffy, with the Aces to slug it out with the Elite on Sunday in a match that could very well determine either side’s aspirations for a top four finish and a twice-to-beat privilege that goes with it.“Absolutely,” Compton answered if he thinks that the Sunday clash against Blackwater is crucial. “We better be a different team (for that game) because it’s going to be a hard game for us if we play this way. That’s a massive game (for both teams).”Harris scored 25 points in the first half and scattered the rest during times when the Dyip tried to come up with rallies.“Good thing that he (Harris) is a stud,” Compton said. “But we don’t want to be over-reliant on our import.”Vic Manuel scored 16 points and JV Casio and Chris Banchero had 10 apiece for the Aces.ADVERTISEMENT PBA IMAGESIt was easy to understand why Alex Compton looked and sounded defeated even though he was doing the customary winning coach’s interview.Playing a team that has done practically nothing worth remembering in the PBA Governors’ Cup, Compton’s Alaska Aces needed 44 points and 27 rebounds from import Mike Harris to turn back Columbian, 104-94, to earn at least a tie for a playoff berth in the season-closing conference on Wednesday night.ADVERTISEMENT Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew Tim Cone, Ginebra set their sights on elusive All-Filipino crown MOST READ Japeth Aguilar embraces role, gets rewarded with Finals MVP plum Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew UAAP: Adamson back on track after two straight losses with dumping of NU For such a powerhouse team to be dragged into a close contest by such a lowly squad, Compton faced reporters with a long face, a somber tone and words of displeasure towards his charges who are up for a crucial game with another top four contender on Monday.Without Compton actually saying it, the Aces certainly didn’t need a lethargic performance like this one.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSJapeth Aguilar wins 1st PBA Finals MVP award for GinebraSPORTSGolden State Warriors sign Lee to multiyear contract, bring back Chriss“It’s an interesting feeling, we won that game but I am really unhappy right now,” he said even after the Aces improved to 6-2 and tied Blackwater for third spot with less than three weeks left in the elimination round. “No disrespect to anybody, but my concern is my team.“I think we’re a stronger team than Columbian, but we didn’t play the way we needed to play,” he said. “We have to get better.” Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Nadine Lustre’s phone stolen in Brazil Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Gov’t to employ 6,000 displaced by Taal LATEST STORIES Gretchen Barretto’s daughter Dominique graduates magna cum laude from California college Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Will you be the first P16 Billion Powerball jackpot winner from the Philippines? View commentslast_img read more

NCW hosts annual wreath-laying ceremony in tribute of late President Burnham

first_imgThe National Congress of Women (NCW), the women’s arm of the People’s National Congress Reform (PNCR), on Sunday paid tribute to the late President Linden Forbes Sampson Burnham with a simple wreath-laying ceremony at its headquarters, Kitty Public Road, Georgetown.Some of the officals at the wreath laying ceremony on SundayToday marks the 33rd death anniversary of President Burnham and as such, the small group of women along with special guests, Public Health Minister Volda Lawrence and PNCR Chairman Basil Williams, congregated to reflect on the life and work of the late President.As the wreaths were laid at the Burnham statue, there was the singing of a number of National Songs.In her brief remarks, Minister Lawrence reflected on the late President, remembering that he valued and believed in women.As such, she made the call for woman to not only be given the respect that they deserved in society today but to also be represented regarding issues affecting them.Wreaths were also laid by a representative of the Burnham family along with representatives of several organisations as well as a representative from a number of Guyana’s administrative regions. Also paying a floral tribute to the late founder of the PNC was Williams.The ceremony was reportedly kept simple this year as the country is preparing for Local Government Elections (LGE) and the PNCR for Congress.Burnham served as Prime Minister of Guyana from 1964 and as Executive President from 1980 until the time of his death in 1985 at the age of 62. He was also a lawyer and a father of six.Burnham was elected Prime Minister of the self-governing colony then named British Guiana in 1964 and became the country’s first Prime Minister at Independence two years later. He won re-election in 1968, 1973, and 1978, although his critics accused him of fixing the elections.After having the Constitution changed to make Guyana a “cooperative republic,” Burnham was elected “Executive President” in 1980.Burnham was one of the founding leaders of the People’s Progressive Party (PPP), which was launched on January 1, 1950.Burnham broke with co-founders Dr Cheddi and Janet Jagan in 1957 and formed the People’s National Congress (PNC).last_img read more

Funding supports prostate cancer patients to help better manage their care

first_img “70 per cent of men’s health problems can be prevented by adopting healthy lifestyles,” the press release added, “CMHF will create a new social awareness and motivate men and their families using health information and lifestyle programs in ways they can hear, absorb and act on.” “Battling the disease takes a tremendous toll on patients and their families,” Health Minister, Terry Lake said. “This program will help them access support and services that will help improve their quality of life and guide them through the process of managing their care.”The Prostate Cancer Supportive Care Program will include up to ten modules and once completed, will be distributed to centres throughout the province. The goal is to support treatment decisions, improve quality of life, reduce cost per patient and improve long-term health outcomes.- Advertisement – “With more patients living longer, we now have a greater responsibility to help them and their families’ access services and information that will ensure they are living cancer-free for longer,” Founder of the Canadian Men’s Health Foundation (CMHF), Larry Goldenberg said.   In April 2013, the Ministry of Health announced $5,000,000 to help develop research and health promotion that supports the well being of men and their families.CMHF is a national, non-profit organization, with the mission of inspiring Canadian men to live healthier lives.Advertisementlast_img read more

Junior Stars begin AFCON hunt in style

first_imgThe Kenyans increased the tempo in the second half and Mathew Mwendwa would double the tally on the hour mark after a fruitful run off the left flank.The dominance by Mike Amenga’s boys continued and they added a third that would sail them to comfortable distance, Telvin Maina hitting the back of the net from close range after 76 minutes.The Junior Stars then put the icing on the cake from the penalty spot in stoppage time, Nicholas Omondi converting after Richdonald Bolo was impeded inside the box.Kenya will now shift attention to their second match against Djibouti on Friday before training their guns on Uganda and Ethiopia in their final two games of Group B.With CAF having zoned qualifiers for next year’s African Cup of Nations Under-17, Kenya is hopeful of nailing a first ever slot by reaching to the final. The CECAFA region is only guaranteed one slot with Tanzania hosting the tournament.If Kenya gets to the final with Tanzania, then they will all but assure themselves of qualification. However, if the hosts fail to reach the final, Kenya will have to win the tournament to qualify.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Harambee Stars Under-17 head coach Michael Amenga issues instructions to the players walk during a training session at the Camp Toyoyo grounds in NairobiNAIROBI, Kenya, Aug 14 – Kenya’s Junior Harambee Stars began their campaign to earn a ticket to next year’s Under-17 African Cup of Nations with a thumping 4-0 win over South Sudan in their CECAFA Qualification Tournament opener at the Chamazi Complex in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania on Tuesday afternoon.Kenya opened the scoring in the 12th minute through Keith Imbali being the fruits of early dominance, a lead they safely guarded till halftime.last_img read more

Chelsea striker linked with move to LaLiga side Valencia

first_img RANKED IN DEMAND Tony Cascarino backs Everton to sign two strikers for Carlo Ancelotti Top nine Premier League free transfers of the decade Man United joined by three other clubs in race for Erling Haaland 1 Batshuayi could be set for another move away from Stamford Bridge ahead of the upcoming season Cavani ‘agrees’ to join new club and will complete free transfer next summer Kevin De Bruyne ‘loves Man City and wants to keep winning’, reveals father It is reported Valencia want to loan Batshuayi for the whole season but they must now discuss whether or not an obligatory option to buy will be included.Maurizio Sarri’s reported pursuit of Gonzalo Higuain could see the 24-year-old slip further down the Stamford Bridge pecking order.The Belgium striker inadvertently became an internet sensation at the 2018 World Cup when he struck himself in the face with a ball. Arsenal transfer news LIVE: Ndidi bid, targets named, Ozil is ‘skiving little git’ REVEALED center_img The Chelsea striker spent the second half of last season on loan at Borussia Dortmund after failing to break into Antonio Conte’s side.And now, according to Spanish outlet Cadena Cope, the La Liga club have firmed up that interest by contacting Chelsea.He scored seven goals in just 10 Bundesliga appearances, with Antonio Conte opting to sign Olivier Giroud from Arsenal instead.The Belgian arrived at Stamford Bridge in 2016 but has started just four Premier League games since the switch. targets Latest Transfer News moving on Where every Premier League club needs to strengthen in January LATEST Valencia have approached Chelsea regarding a season-long loan deal for outcast striker Michy Batshuayi.Michy Batshuayi has been linked with another European loan move, but this time with Valencia. LIVING THE DREAM The biggest market value losers in 2019, including Bale and ex-Liverpool star targets last_img read more