Junior Stars begin AFCON hunt in style

first_imgThe Kenyans increased the tempo in the second half and Mathew Mwendwa would double the tally on the hour mark after a fruitful run off the left flank.The dominance by Mike Amenga’s boys continued and they added a third that would sail them to comfortable distance, Telvin Maina hitting the back of the net from close range after 76 minutes.The Junior Stars then put the icing on the cake from the penalty spot in stoppage time, Nicholas Omondi converting after Richdonald Bolo was impeded inside the box.Kenya will now shift attention to their second match against Djibouti on Friday before training their guns on Uganda and Ethiopia in their final two games of Group B.With CAF having zoned qualifiers for next year’s African Cup of Nations Under-17, Kenya is hopeful of nailing a first ever slot by reaching to the final. The CECAFA region is only guaranteed one slot with Tanzania hosting the tournament.If Kenya gets to the final with Tanzania, then they will all but assure themselves of qualification. However, if the hosts fail to reach the final, Kenya will have to win the tournament to qualify.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Harambee Stars Under-17 head coach Michael Amenga issues instructions to the players walk during a training session at the Camp Toyoyo grounds in NairobiNAIROBI, Kenya, Aug 14 – Kenya’s Junior Harambee Stars began their campaign to earn a ticket to next year’s Under-17 African Cup of Nations with a thumping 4-0 win over South Sudan in their CECAFA Qualification Tournament opener at the Chamazi Complex in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania on Tuesday afternoon.Kenya opened the scoring in the 12th minute through Keith Imbali being the fruits of early dominance, a lead they safely guarded till halftime.last_img read more

Bhuvneshwar Kumar not willing to compromise on swing at the cost of extra pace

first_imgIndia seamer Bhuvneshwar Kumar on Thursday said he will never compromise on swing at the cost of extra pace.Bhuvneshwar, who is the highest wicket-taker so far in the ongoing edition of the IPL, attributes his success to relentless hard work at practice sessions.”How you practice in nets matters a lot. If you bowl good yorkers in nets and come up with good variation, it helps your on-field performance,” the 27-year-old Sunrisers Hyderabad pacer said ahead of his team’s match against Kings XI Punjab on Friday in Mohali.”In the series against South Africa, my pace had increased but swing was compromised. But this was a turning point for me as I realised that no matter how fast you are, you cannot afford to lose the swing. I worked on this aspect and now I am happy that I have both the speed and swing in my bowling,” Bhuvneshwar said.Defending champions Sunrisers Hyderabad will start as favourites when they take on a struggling Kings XI Punjab.Disciplined bowlers have complemented Sunrisers’ batsmen with Bhuvneshwar (16 wickets) and young Afghanistan spinner Rashid Khan (10 wickets) proving their mettle with the ball.Bhuvneshwar also said that he does not think too much about the outcome of a game and only focuses on the process.”I think in T20 things are related to pressure and if you handle it well you are on top of your game. I think about process and not too much about results,” he said.”Actually, I never think that I have to be at top every time. Obviously, I have to do well in every game and series, that’s what I try to do. I try to improve and work on the swing and variation in my bowling.”advertisement”Depending on the format, if I am playing a Test match then reverse swing is something I always want to work on. When I made my debut I was not a reverse swing bowler or my pace was not what it is now,” he added.Bhuvneshwar, rated as one of the best death bowlers, captured his first five-wicket haul in IPL when Sunrisers defeated Kings XI Punjab by five runs at the Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium in Hyderabad in an earlier game this season.”It is always challenging. I feel if you have to bowl yorkers, your every basic has to be correct. I feel death bowling is the toughest part in short format of the game,” he said.Asked if he feels there are any shortcomings in Sunrisers team which needs to be rectified, Bhuvneshwar said: “As a unit we have done well in every aspect of the game. We want to do well in all the departments of the game.”India’s Champions Trophy squad is slated to be announced soon, but Bhuvneshwar is hardly bothered regarding his place in the team and is only focused on giving his best whenever he gets a chance to play.”Competition is there and it is good. But as a cricketer such things do not remain in the back of our minds. We know when a team is to be selected, there is a pool of bowlers who will be selected. Everyone knows whoever is picked will be on the basis of his performance,” he said.last_img read more

Bahamas Crisis Centre on Marital Rape

first_imgFacebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Dr. Sandra Dean-Patterson (Director)Release: Crisis Centre Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp#Bahamas, December 27, 2017 – Nassau – Every individual in the Bahamas, men women and children have the right to live a life free from violence and be protected under the law.  In today’s Bahamas, married women living with their husbands do experience this protection when that husband beats or psychologically abuses them.  We understand and accept the notion that beating or abusing a married woman is wrong but somehow, we close our eyes or refuse to accept that they can be sexually assaulted by their husbands.  In the same way that a husband beats or murders his wife, he can also rape her.At the Crisis Centre we hear stories of women forced to have sex with their husbands despite their obstetrician’s advice to abstain following the birth of a baby, women getting HIV or STI’s from abusive husbands who have other women and force sex on them.  From many of those victims we hear the shame and humiliation they feel following sexual assault by their husbands and their sense of powerlessness.  These are but some of the examples where marital rape occurs.  It is a devastating and traumatizing experience for women to find out that our law does not protect them from this behavior.  Statements which misinform citizens about their right to safety or protection normalize violence and perpetuate rape myths and belief systems that husbands have the right to make choices for their wife’s bodies without their consent.  This is abhorrent and unacceptable.  The tendency has been to believe that stranger rape is the only real rape, but we know sexual assault occurs within dating, common law and marital relationships.  Marital rape occurs in a relationship where domestic violence is part of a pattern of behavior that women live with for years.To hear that the law does not prohibit husbands from forcing wives to have sex and to hear a debate in the country that speaks to the privacy of marital rape discourages victims even more and makes them question their country’s consideration for them and their right to be safe in their homes.  Marital rape is real, and we must name it as behavior that is inconsistent with human rights and healthy relationships within marriage.  It is our hope that the government will take this opportunity to develop a comprehensive domestic and sexual violence act which looks at all issues where persons are not protected under the law.center_img Related Items:last_img read more

Funding Bonanza to Benefit Failing Military Infrastructure

first_imgBased on funding levels in the fiscal 2018 defense authorization bill, a full-year FY 2018 spending bill would allocate $23.4 billion to restore military infrastructure, including barracks, hangars, roads, runways and hospitals, according to a House Armed Services Committee press release. The backlog of deferred maintenance on facilities has increased from $2 billion in 1978 to $100 billion today, it states. This year’s defense policy bill calls for spending $14.4 billion to sustain, repair, and upgrade military infrastructure, and $9 billion for new construction.Photo by U.S. Air Force, Master Sgt. Ben Bloker Dan Cohen AUTHORlast_img read more

SENIOR CENTER SPOTLIGHT Wilmingtons Memory Cafe Off To A Wonderful Start

first_imgWILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Senior Center is pleased to report that Wilmington’s memory cafe, “Our Moment Cafe,” is off to a wonderful start since its opening in October 2018.A memory cafe is a special gathering place for those dealing with memory loss and their caregivers. The Cafe gives the person with memory loss, and their caregivers, an opportunity to socialize, participate in an activity, and to make new friends in a welcoming and understanding environment.“Our Moment Cafe” will be meeting at the 4th of July Building (142 Middlesex Avenue), from 1pm to 2:30pm, on Wednesday, January 16, 2019; Wednesday, February 20, 2019; and Wednesday, March 20, 2019.If you have any questions, contact Terri Marciello or Laura Pickett at the Department of Elderly Services at 978-657-7595.(NOTE: The above information is from the latest Town Topics Newsletter.)Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email wilmingtonapple@gmail.com.Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading… RelatedIT’S OUR TURN: Wilmington Seniors Speak Out In Favor Of A New Senior CenterIn “Government”5 Things To Do In Wilmington On Wednesday, August 21, 2019In “5 Things To Do Today”HOT OFF THE PRESS: Read Wilmington Senior Center’s September NewsletterIn “Community”last_img read more

Hospitals medical colleges ban chicken from menu

first_imgKolkata: Following the carcass meat case that has already triggered a flutter in the state, various medical colleges and hospitals in the city have decided not to serve chicken among the patients as a precautionary measure.Most of the medical college and hospital authorities in the city have issued instructions to keep chicken out of the menu, in view of the rotten meat row. It has been learnt that top medical colleges in the city, including the multi super-speciality SSKM and the Calcutta Medical College and Hospital, have decided not to serve chicken among the patients, as it might create confusion among them. Also Read – Heavy rain hits traffic, flightsAccording to sources, patients in the government hospitals or medical colleges get chicken once or twice a week. But for the last few days, the hospital authorities have asked the catering companies to not provide chicken to the patients, until the dead meat debacle gets sorted. Instead of chicken, the patients are getting fish or egg curry, depending on their choice.It may be mentioned here that in SSKM Hospital, patients get chicken once in a week during lunch. If any patient is willing to have vegetarian dishes, they can easily opt for them. Also Read – Speeding Jaguar crashes into Merc, 2 B’deshi bystanders killedAccording to a senior official of SSKM, ever since the matter came to light, there has been an impact of the incident on the patients as well. Many patients have also become unwilling to have chicken. “There is no point in serving chicken at a time when a huge amount of rotten meat has been recovered from various parts of the state and the matter is still under investigation,” he said.The other list of food items on offer remains unchanged. Like usual, the patients are getting milk, bread and banana for breakfast. On some days of the week, the patients the getting vegetable dishes, while on the other days they can opt for fish or egg. A senior official of Calcutta Medical College and Hospital said that the revised menu will continue till further order issued in this regard.last_img read more

Shopaholics onestop destination

first_img“I like my money right where I can see it: hanging in my closet.” – Carrie Bradshaw Fashionistas in town had a lovely time recently as they could feast their eyes upon a fabulous new collection launched. There could not be more perfect timing to launch the New Spring Summer Collection at Agashe, this year marking the celebration of their one year anniversary. They launched yet another fabulous spring summer collection with select prêt designers, new and old. Sheena Agarwal the owner and curator of Agashe is an image consultant and offers her expert guidance based on the look one aims. Also Read – Add new books to your shelfThey launched yet another fabulous spring summer collection with select prêt designers, new and old. Sheena Agarwal the owner and curator of Agashe is an image consultant and offers her expert guidance based on the look one aims.Agashe is an up market, multi designer Fashion and lifestyle store that offers both tradition and style infused with a breathe of modernity. The store hosts and offers over 60 of India’s luxury prêt fashion designers with varied options ranging from Rs 5,000 to 50,000. Agashe offers both Western as well as Indian garments, and accessories for fashion enthusiasts under one roof. This is the perfect spot for all avid shoppers to stop by browse and pick from the latest collections of designers like Pallavi Mohan, GARO, HUEMN, Urvashi Joneja, Duett Luxury, Fadh.K, Sumaan Natwani, and many others. Recently they unveiled their Spring Summer line (SS’17) with the fashion show as it celebrated the first year anniversary. Some of the city’s famous and stylish diva’s like Dimple Fouzdar, Sanjana Thandani, Rachna Sandhu, Lupita Saluja, Mallika Jain were part of the celebration. Shopaholics who like to keep themselves updated about the current fashion and trends would find good company in here surrounded by the latest designs in the SS’17 collection. The pret store in MG road, Gurgaon has launched about 30 new designers’ Spring Summer collection.last_img read more

Transat boosts service to Malaga Spain for winter 201617

first_imgTransat boosts service to Malaga, Spain for winter 2016-17 Share Tags: Air Transat, New Routes, Spain MONTREAL — Air Transat has added an extra flight to Malaga, Spain this winter, now offering departures to the sunny and popular destination twice weekly during high season.Direct flights will be operated from Montreal and service will also be available from Toronto, with a connection.Weekly service to Malaga starts Jan. 23 and goes biweekly on March 1.“Characterized by its mild winters, among other things, the Costa del Sol is perfect for combining relaxation and discovery during a short or long stay,” said President and General Manager of Transat Tours Canada, Annick Guérard. “In addition to the flights, travellers get access to plenty of one-stop packages, or à la carte accommodation options and car rentals for more flexibility.”Air Transat’s 2016-17 winter flight program offers 34 sun destinations and departures from 22 cities in Canada, in addition to its Europe program.Here are the highlights of its 2016-17 transatlantic winter program:More news:  Direct Travel names Smith as Senior VP, Leisure Marketing, North AmericaFrom Toronto:Daily direct flights to LondonDirect flights to Manchester, Glasgow, Porto, Lisbon and FaroFlights to Paris and Malaga, via MontrealFrom Montreal:Daily direct flights to ParisTwo direct weekly flights to Malaga during high seasonFlights to London, Manchester, Glasgow, Porto and Lisbon, via TorontoDirect flights to Rome and Barcelona as of AprilFrom Vancouver:Weekly direct flights to London (twice weekly as of December)From Quebec City:Weekly direct flights to Paris as of February Posted bycenter_img Tuesday, August 23, 2016 Travelweek Group << Previous PostNext Post >>last_img read more